Helping you to play responsibly
We want lots of people to play a little, rather than a few playing a lot – it's our guiding principle. Around 70% of World adults play lottery games and encouraging Responsible Play is at the heart of everything we do. From the way we design our games to the tools we develop that put you in control of your play, we're here to help.
Game design with you in mind
We believe that prevention should always come before the cure and this is why we design games that are both responsible and fun to play. We complement this with tools and processes that closely monitor the games that are being developed and launched.
Putting you in control
We don't want you to spend more than you can afford, so whether you want to limit your spend or play, take a break from our games or simply keep an eye on things, there is a range of features designed to help you do just that.
Keeping it fun
Gaming is fun but for a few, it may become a problem.
We want you to enjoy our games responsibly and stay within your means, so please consider the following:
- You're buying fun, not investing your money.
- Before playing, set strict limits on how much time and money you're going to spend.
- Quit while you're ahead.
- Only play with money you can afford to lose.
- Don't spend more money on gaming with the hope to win back money that you have lost.
- Keep up other interests and hobbies – don't let gaming take over your life.
- Don't play in order to escape from stress or boredom.
- Gaming in moderation is okay.
- The key is...if you choose to play, play responsibly!
Protecting our young people
We're committed to preventing underage play.
It is an offence for lottery products to be sold to under 16s. If you believe this is happening, please contact us right away.
The green way to play
We're committed to running the lottery in an environmentally-responsible way.
That's why we run only online. By offering play online we do not sell tickets and scratchcards that need recycling.